Treat your mum to some home baked, plant-based brownies this Mother’s Day. Created by our head chef Luke, they are soft, squidgy and totally delicious!
- 150g Self Raising Flour
- 20g Cocoa Powder
- 100g Dairy Free Butter
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 5ml Vanilla Extract
- 200ml Oat milk
- 200g Dairy Free Dark Chocolate
- 120g Dairy Free Dark chocolate Chips
- 200g Dairy Free White Chocolate
- 6 x Passion Fruit
- Sea Salt Flakes
- 10-inch square baking tray with baking or parchment paper
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees
- Melt the dark chocolate & butter in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Once melted, set aside to cool.
- Sieve the flour and cocoa powder into a mixing bowl, then add the sugar.
- Scrap the middles out of the passion fruit & squeeze the juice through a sieve. Press the seeds with the back of a spoon to release the juice. Or use a hand blender to blitz the seeds & release the juice!
- Add the oat milk & passion fruit juice into the dry & whisk until you have a batter. Add in the melted chocolate & butter and combine until smooth.
- Pop the brownie batter into the baking tray & spring with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20-25 mins until a skewer comes out clean. Careful not to over-bake so they stay nice and squidgy!
- Once it's cooled, melt the white chocolate over a bowl of simmering water and spread across the brownies. Sprinkle with sea salt flakes.
Finally, cut into 16 squares & resist the temptation to eat before you give them to your Mum!